1. What is your favorite WOD(s) or Skill(s)?
No favorite WOD. The question kinda makes me giggle thinking about a ‘favorite’ WOD when most leave me lying on the floor. And if a WOD is for some reason easy, then I needed to add more weight or go faster. That being said, I usually like EMOM WODs and Skill(s) that work on the lower body.
2. What WOD is at the bottom of your list?
On any given day, any WOD could be my least favorite. However, Hero WODs have always challenged me beyond what I think my max capacity is and can intimidate me, so for that reason they are at the bottom of my list.
3. How would you describe your diet? (Paleo, Primal, Zone, Clean, etc.)
As a daily commitment!!! I know what is right (and wrong) for my body, but I don’t always eat the right food. Did I mention that I love pizza and beer?!?! However, Trenches has great nutritional mentors that have helped me stay motivated to keep eating right (and no one guilts you for having a cheat day). In general, I try to eat gluten and dairy free, organic whenever possible, limit my sugar intake, and eat ‘good’ carbs.
4. How did you hear about CrossFit Trenches?
My Texas friend was telling me about her experience with CrossFit. I thought it sounded interesting so looked into CrossFit locally – finding Trenches!
5. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
Since August 2014
6. Describe your biggest milestone, achievement, or “A-ha” moment at CFT?
Whenever I hit a PR or get better at a skill, I see that I am improving which keeps me motivated to come back.
7. What encouragement or advice would you give to new people coming in?
Be consistent with a schedule that works for you. Don’t get hung up what you can’t do – do what you can (preaching to myself on this one)!!! You can scale anything and still get a good workout.