- What is your favorite WOD(s) or Skill(s)?
Deadlifts, back squats and kettlebell swings. I also like pull ups, even though I wouldn’t consider them a strength. My favorite WODs are the short to medium ones with heavy barbells, like DT.
- What WOD is at the bottom of your list?
Long chippers where we repeat the same exercise for a lot of reps, like Angie.
- How would you describe your diet? (Paleo, Primal, Zone, Clean, etc.)
I like beer. I do CrossFit to make up for my bad habits. No one should copy my diet.
- How did you hear about CrossFit Trenches?
I was looking up CrossFit workouts online and realized that Trenches was less than a mile from my house.
- How long have you been doing CrossFit?
Two and a half years at Trenches. I attempted some WODs on my own for about 6 months before that. Doing them at home was good exercise, but the extra push and the coaching you get at a good box makes a huge difference.
- Describe your biggest milestone, achievement, or “A-ha” moment at CFT?
Doing my first scaled comp was a big one for me. That was about 8 months after I started going to Trenches.
- What encouragement or advice would you give to new people coming in?
Don’t be intimidated. We were all new at one time. Talk to the coaches and get advice on form and scaling. Everyone has had to do that at some point.
- What’s your favorite motivational quote and why?
The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there. Lombardi